Il nuovo Bureau Federale dell’UIGSE-FSE, eletto nella riunione del Consiglio Federale dell’ottobre scorso, si è riunito per la prima volta a Roma, presso la nostra Sede Nazionale, dal 2 al 4 febbraio. Erano presenti il Presidente Federale Antonio POSA, la Vice Presidente Katarzyna KIELER, Il Commissario Federale Bruno BORDE, la Vice Commissaria Federale Milisenta MISEVICIUTE e il Tesoriere Isabelle TRUPIN. Diversi gli argomenti trattati tra i quali, ovviamente, la preparazione del prossimo Euromoot. La mattina di lunedì 4 febbraio il Bureau è stato ricevuto nel Palazzo di San Calisto da S. Em.za il Card Kevin Farrell, Prefetto del Dicastero per i Laici la Famiglia e la Vita.
100 guides and scouts, members of high patrols from 11 different European countries, camped together at Mont Saint-Odile (France, near Strasbourg) on 17 and 18 November!
The high patrols came from Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Luxembourg, Belgium and France.
For the third year now, the month of November is an opportunity to meet and to live with sister guides or scout brothers from all over Europe, to share activities such as games, cooking, campfires, etc …
This year, the welcoming French team allowed the participants to live 24 hours with a high-patrol from another country in bivouac, in full nature, around the campfire … On the beautiful mountain site of Mont-Saint-Odile.
Will your high patrol you join us for the next HP international WE adventure?
A united and fraternal Europe… does that remind you of anything? Well… this Europe of our 2nd Scout Principle will not become real without you!
This is a huge red branch adventure: Close to 5000 rovers and rangers will build bridges coming from all the ends of Europe to tell the Holy Father our love for the Church!
We are looking for volunteers! We need every competence, every good will, every availability, every mood and even every eccentricity! 🙂
- To take part in a bivouac staff: You will welcome the twinned clans/fires in one of around 30 bivouacs in the regions around Rome (Assisi, Siena, Subiaco, Monte Cassino, Via Appia, Abbruzzi…). Even if you only have some days to serve, you will be a precious help with your sense of hospitality, good level in camping, maybe competences in different languages, and pedagogical experience. All competences are welcome!
- Technical/pedagogical animation: In some of the bivouacs, we will offer different workshops, in order to help our young to meet rovers and rangers from other countries, to discover and better get to know, in esteem and respect for each other…. “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them!” Workshops in many different techniques are possible: music, dance, theatre, handcraft, graphic arts, …. Anything goes, as far as it makes “fun in scout style”!
- Support services: We need experts and volunteers in many different fields… acting with discretion, humility and effectiveness… serving in simplicity and with a big smile! The needs are legion: safety, transport, transmission, food supply, communication, healthcare, logistics, translators…
So… If you are ready to serve, don’t hesitate, tell us right now!
- Fill in the contact form: https://goo.gl/forms/BH3PQvz9Z8X349MH2
- Or write directly to Franco CALDATO (Volunteer service) firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos: Eurojam 2014 – Aude Dupuy, Nicolas Crépelle (© ETN Photo AGSE)
Dear European Girl Guides,
Like every year on All Saints’ Day, you have come to Paray-le-Monial, the City of the Sacred Heart, to entrust yourselves to Jesus Our Lord who told a humble nun of the Visitation, Saint Margaret Mary: “This is the Heart that loved men so much that it spared nothing until it exhausted itself and consumed itself to show them its love. And as a gratitude I receive from most of them nothing but ingratitude, through their irreverence and sacrilege, and through the coldness and contempt they have for me in this Sacrament of Love“. Not only from the various provinces of France, the eldest daughter of the Church, but also from each of the countries that make up the International Union of Guides and Scouts of Europe, you have walked along the paths of the Charollais, your heart filled with faith and love, and your gaze fixed on Jesus, up to this magnificent Romanesque basilica. In the Gospel that has just been proclaimed, you have just heard from the very mouth of the Lord Jesus the commandment of God: “Hear Israel, the Lord your God is the only Lord. You will love your God with all your heart, with all your strength and with all your soul». It is the Word of Life, the Shema Israel, that is to say the prayer that the adult Jew must say morning and evening, covering his eyes with his hand out of respect for God, the Lord, and also to better focus on these sacred words. This was the prayer of Jesus, of the Virgin Mary, his Most Holy Mother, of Saint Joseph, of the apostles and the holy women of the Gospel. It is also ours, because Christians also affirm that God, our Creator, is unique, that he has incarnated and made himself visible in Jesus Christ, and that we must love him with all our heart.